Friday, October 1, 2010

Our "Pretend" son no more!

,


Another parent said it best, after so much time it almost feels like they are your pretend child. Honestly, it does feel that way, but the realization is sinking in that this young man, with his own distinct personality, will soon become a part of our family. How frightening it must be for these children searching for their place in a family unit. Struggling to make their needs and fears known in a culture and country so foreign to anything they have ever known. Such courage these children have to make this leap into a strange new world.

By the time Jilei arrives, a year and a half will have passed since we first began this process. With each adoption comes it's own challenges, but this adoption journey has been a real test. It's many twists and turns, and long uphill struggles,made us weary at times beyond what we thought we could bear. But in Christ's arms we found comfort and strength. We reminded ourselves we are not the ones who are suffering, it is these children, without family, living in a country where children have no value beyond what they might provide to their parents and government, with no ever loving God to provide them love and relief!

So we write to Jilei and send him packages and pictures, hoping this will give some reassurance as he waits and no doubt wonders. Above is a picture of bedroom, he will have the top bunk, Andy the bottom. In three weeks Keith will leave to meet and bring Jilei home. I haven't said it lately but Keith is my secret hero. I would be such a mess if I had to travel overseas. As passionate as I am for these kids, I really don't know if I could do it. On the other hand Keith is quite confident to pack up and head out to the great unknown. But God matched us perfectly, I do the paperwork, and Keith does the travel. Truly a match made in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment